In 2005, I had a business going down the drain (my biggest customer went out of business) and I had no other source of income. I couldn’t believe how scared I was.
I don’t know why: but I became obsessed with “The Force” in Star Wars. I bought all sorts of books like “The Tao of Star Wars”. I decided to use The Force to save my business. To try and remain calm and to focus on each day doing my best rather than panicking about the future.
The Ten Worst Things You Can Do In A Negotiation
Posted by James Altucher on March 16th, 2015 at 9:17 am. Post Comments: 0
The best negotiator I knew always acted like an idiot. He acted so well that I thought he was really stupid. I also thought at the time that he was my best friend.
That was probably an act also. Just two years later he stopped talking to me forever.
I ran into him in the street the other day. He smiled and shook my hand. I felt warm, like he liked me again. Then he was gone.
THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO CHANGING YOUR LIFE
Posted by James Altucher on March 9th, 2015 at 9:32 am. Post Comments: 0
Ugh, then there are those times when I feel dead inside. I wake up early and swing on the pre-school swingset like a pervert.
The sun rises and instead of being orange and blue and beautiful it’s white and glaring and it’s a terrible terrible sunrise, burning everything inside of me.
This is what happens to me when change is being born. At least for me: I’ve never avoided any of these steps.
A) SOMETHING’S MISSING
DON’T RUN OVER A BABY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET!
Posted by James Altucher on March 4th, 2015 at 10:41 am. Post Comments: 0
The car started to skid and swerve and we couldn’t stop. It was all my fault.
I had sped up while going into a sharp curve. I was just fooling around. The entire road was ice. My 12 year old kid was sitting next to me.
Why did I do that? I don’t know. Because I’m an idiot sometimes. I hope all people are idiots sometimes so I don’t have to feel so bad but maybe it’s just me.
When we couldn’t stop the car from skidding Mollie started screaming. We went into a snow drift and kept going.
10 Things I Learn From Richard Branson
Posted by James Altucher on February 25th, 2015 at 2:36 pm. Post Comments: 0The other day I went out at night and fell asleep on a park bench near the beach in Miami.
When I opened my eyes I pretended I had just landed on the world. I knew nothing. Now I had to learn everything.
That’s the way I should’ve been when I was younger. Maybe I would’ve avoided many problems if I just realized I knew nothing.
ALL SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE started off knowing nothing.
They studied the people who came before them. Who studied the people who came before them. And so on.
- How to Self-Publish a Bestseller: Publishing 3.0
- 7 Things Happen to You When You Are Completely Honest
- How to Deal With Crappy People
- 10 More Reasons You Need to Quit Your Job Right Now!
- The 100 Rules for Being an Entrepreneur
- 33 Unusual Tips to Being a Better Writer
- How to be THE LUCKIEST GUY ON THE PLANET in 4 Easy Steps
- 10 Unusual Things I Didn’t Know About Steve Jobs
- 8 Alternatives to College
- I’m Completely Humiliated by Yoga
- How I Screwed Yasser Arafat out of $ 2mm (and lost $ 100mm in the process)
Older Entries »
- HOW TO BECOME A JEDI KNIGHT
- The Ten Worst Things You Can Do In A Negotiation
- THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO CHANGING YOUR LIFE
- DON’T RUN OVER A BABY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET!
- 10 Things I Learn From Richard Branson
- What I Learned from my First Podcast Guest in 1980 and What I Learned from My Last Podcast Guest (Yesterday)
- The Ultimate Guide to Making a Personal Manifesto
- What I Learned About Life After Interviewing 80 Highly Successful People
- FAQ ON HOW TO BECOME AN IDEA MACHINE
- Who Is In Your Scene?
- Ep. 65: Dan Ariely: Dishonesty, Irrationality, and Money
- Ep 64 – Tucker Max: Surprise Announcement! Part 1
- 10 Things I Learned While Interviewing Tony Robbins About His New Book “Money”
- Ep. 62 – Tony Robbins: Money Is Just A Game
- Ep. 61 – Trip Adler: Overnight Success 7 Years in the Making
- Nothing Is Wrong With You