7 Links About Creativity I Enjoyed This Morning
- Posted by James Altucher
A) The 10 best images on the Internet during 2010. ‘Sad Keanu Reeves’ hit the #1 spot.
B) How famous creators (from Bob Dylan to Steve Jobs) : got their start. Great TED presentation by the artist Rag KK but also some good stories from Bob Dylan and others.
C) You don’t need to write a 1500 page book to be considered a great writer. 7 tiny books that packed a big punch. This is interesting to me as I plan on self-publishing a book and I always thought the 60,000 words that most publishers require is way too much. Most books that are published should really just be articles (and most articles in magazines should just be bullet points).
D) Knowing when to defriend someone. Friendship should always be a weeding process I feel. Some friends move you up, some bring you down. If a friend is perpetually bringing you down (and can’t seem to get out of the rut) then you need to move on. I think. But this article has some good suggestions on this.
E) An interview with Magnus Carlsen, the number one chess player in the world at the age of 19. Interesting that he says “being too intelligent could be a burden” and may actually be a detriment to being good at something like chess. Is it possible without talent and intelligence to be among the best in the world at something? Also, everyone talks about persistence in terms of getting good at something. What if you don’t start at the age of 5. What if you start at the age of 40? Can you still get good?
F) Roger Ebert declares that “Idiot with a tripod” is the first youtube video ever thats worthy of an Oscar. In his column he explains why.
G) 5 best books about comedy, by a standup comedian. I agree with this list but also liked Mock Stars about indie comedy and my all-time favorite Born Standing Up by Steve Martin. Also, when looking at these books on Amazon I got inspired enough to buy Here’s the kicker: conversations with 21 comedy writers and
Comic Insights. I also highly recomend Comedian a documentary about Jerry Seinfeld’s “comeback tour”.
Top Rated Posts
- 7 Things Happen to You When You Are Completely Honest
- How to Deal With Crappy People
- Why and How I Self-Published a Book
- 10 More Reasons You Need to Quit Your Job Right Now!
- The 100 Rules for Being an Entrepreneur
- 33 Unusual Tips to Being a Better Writer
- How to be THE LUCKIEST GUY ON THE PLANET in 4 Easy Steps
- 10 Unusual Things I Didn’t Know About Steve Jobs
- 8 Alternatives to College
- I’m Completely Humiliated by Yoga
- How I Screwed Yasser Arafat out of $ 2mm (and lost $ 100mm in the process)
- THERE’S NO PAINLESS WAY TO KILL YOURSELF
- How to Win Friends and Influence People
- HOW TO QUIT YOUR JOB
- The Benefits of Self-Publishing
- YOU EVER GO TOTALLY CRAZY?
- Destroy Your Masters!
- FEARLESS BLOGGING
- How To Be a Superhero
- Two Stories About Google We Can All Learn From
- How to be Rich – THE PUSH
- Why Do People Hate Their Jobs?
- Why Hard-Core Pornography is Bad for your Health, and other facts about Testosterone
- Is College A Scam?
- Mistakes Were Made
- Today I Lost Two Million Dollars
Click for Amazon Pre-Order Page