Archive for March, 2011
Posted by James Altucher on March 28th, 2011 at 5:49 am, Comments: 0
[The following is a guest post from Claudia at http://claudiayoga.com. The idea is to find an outfit that was very significant to you because of what happened when you wore it. Here’s her version.]
[My note to her guest post: THE ALTUCHER CONFIDENTIDAL EXERCISE FOR TODAY: find an outfit that was significant to you. Photograph it and post it to twitpic. Put the URL in the comments below so we can all see. Here’s Claudia’s version:]
Guest post from Claudia (if you can’t see the 2 photos below because this, click on the link to the left to get original post):
The Best Way to Make a Convincing Argument
Posted by James Altucher on March 26th, 2011 at 11:53 am, Comments: 0
Some guy, “agrover”, sent me a video this morning that trashed me. It looks like he put a lot of work into it. Maybe he figured I’d like Saturday morning cartoons so why not send me this cartoon he made about me.
In the second sentence of the video the female bear refers to me as a “total douchebag”.*** Here’s the video:
To make his point he calls me a “douchebag”, “a doofus”, “no sense of style”, “an idiot”, and badly in need of “dental work”. I got so bored I stopped watching about halfway through so maybe there’s more. The video’s too long. All of his economic stuff was wrong but I don’t feel like addressing it here. His argument becomes pointless once he starts using personal attacks.
8 Unusual Things I Learned From Warren Buffett
Posted by James Altucher on March 24th, 2011 at 8:28 pm, Comments: 0
In 2003 I really disliked Warren Buffett. Like, I personally hated him. After 9/11 he stated “We’re going to have something in the way of a major nuclear event in this country. It will happen. Whether it will happen in 10 years or 10 minutes, or 50 years … it’s virtually a certainty.”
Everyone on TV nodded their head. Why not. The man is bigger than Jesus. But listen, WB (we call each other by our initials when we whisper softly to each other) charges for insurance AGAINST NUCLEAR ATTACKS. If I were a door to door life insurance salesman you know what I would say to you? You can die tomorrow! Why not protect your kids just in case? And I don’t like when people, even Buffett, spread nuclear panic.
Why I Love Money
Posted by James Altucher on March 24th, 2011 at 6:21 am, Comments: 0
Here’s what money can do:
The first picture in the above image is a highway in Japan right after the earthquake.
The second picture is the same highway six days later.
That’s what money does.
Why do you love money? (answer in comments)
[Genesis of this post:
– saw this image via a tweet by @oliviaazevedo75
– discussed with @ClaudiaYoga, who did a similar post
Follow me, on twitter.
My Book is Getting the WORST Reviews (except one)
Posted by James Altucher on March 23rd, 2011 at 8:36 am, Comments: 0
First off, on twitter, someone named Naomi Klein called my book “Gross”. I looked her up on wikipedia. Turns out we have a lot in common. She wrote some books (see below picture). She also “spent much of her teenage years in shopping malls.” So did I! And she has a lot more twitter followers than me.
- How to Self-Publish a Bestseller: Publishing 3.0
- 7 Things Happen to You When You Are Completely Honest
- How to Deal With Crappy People
- 10 More Reasons You Need to Quit Your Job Right Now!
- The 100 Rules for Being an Entrepreneur
- 33 Unusual Tips to Being a Better Writer
- How to be THE LUCKIEST GUY ON THE PLANET in 4 Easy Steps
- 10 Unusual Things I Didn’t Know About Steve Jobs
- 8 Alternatives to College
- I’m Completely Humiliated by Yoga
- How I Screwed Yasser Arafat out of $ 2mm (and lost $ 100mm in the process)
Older Entries »
- 10 Things I Learn From Richard Branson
- What I Learned from my First Podcast Guest in 1980 and What I Learned from My Last Podcast Guest (Yesterday)
- The Ultimate Guide to Making a Personal Manifesto
- What I Learned About Life After Interviewing 80 Highly Successful People
- FAQ ON HOW TO BECOME AN IDEA MACHINE
- Who Is In Your Scene?
- Ep. 65: Dan Ariely: Dishonesty, Irrationality, and Money
- Ep 64 – Tucker Max: Surprise Announcement! Part 1
- 10 Things I Learned While Interviewing Tony Robbins About His New Book “Money”
- Ep. 62 – Tony Robbins: Money Is Just A Game
- Ep. 61 – Trip Adler: Overnight Success 7 Years in the Making
- Nothing Is Wrong With You
- Ep. 59 – Brian Koppelman Ruined My Life
- 21 or 22 Yet Even More Amazing Tips to Be a Better Writer
- Ep. 54 – Gabriel Weinberg: The Man Who is Fighting Google
- The Idea Matrix – What Changed Everyone’s Life After “Choose Yourself”