- Posted by James Altucher
[The following is a guest post from Claudia at http://claudiayoga.com. The idea is to find an outfit that was very significant to you because of what happened when you wore it. Here's her version.]
[My note to her guest post: THE ALTUCHER CONFIDENTIDAL EXERCISE FOR TODAY: find an outfit that was significant to you. Photograph it and post it to twitpic. Put the URL in the comments below so we can all see. Here's Claudia's version:]
Guest post from Claudia (if you can’t see the 2 photos below because this, click on the link to the left to get original post):
|(What I was wearing the day he kissed me for the first time and I knew
he was the one)
I was nervous and so was He. We walked through the downtown New York City scenery, the statue of liberty on sight, the ferries filled with tourists.
The first stop was the South Street Seaport, but he did not muster the courage -he later confessed- and so we kept walking in a big semi-circle that brought us to the water edge of Battery Park. Then he (finally!) kissed me.
Months later he would tell to me that the jacket made me look “square and corporate”. I never wore it again.
|(What I was wearing the day of my wedding
I never felt more elegant, happy, blessed)
Can you think of an outfit you were wearing on a special day and re-create it with shoes, jacket, bag and all? It does not necessarily have to be a happy ocassion, it can be any relevant event, like: what I was wearing the day I graduated, or the outfit I was wearing when I learned I did not have my job anymore. Share a photo with me if you do.
You can put it in flicker or picassa or tweetpick and copy/paste the link on the comments. Remember to mention what was relevant about the outfit. What happened on that day?
Inspiration for this post came from an exercise suggested by artist Miranda July
[End of guest post]
Why I write books even though I’ve lost money on every book I’ve written (the reason why this is a related post can be seen at the end).
I’m completely humiliated by yoga
My book is getting the WORST book reviews (except for one special review)
21 Unusual Ways My Wife Survived Her Financial Crisis
And, of course Follow me on Twitter.
[And please try this. Its fun: THE ALTUCHER CONFIDENTIDAL EXERCISE FOR TODAY: find an outfit that was significant to you. Photograph it and post it to twitpic. Put the URL in the comments below so we can all see.]
- How to Self-Publish a Bestseller: Publishing 3.0
- 7 Things Happen to You When You Are Completely Honest
- How to Deal With Crappy People
- 10 More Reasons You Need to Quit Your Job Right Now!
- The 100 Rules for Being an Entrepreneur
- 33 Unusual Tips to Being a Better Writer
- How to be THE LUCKIEST GUY ON THE PLANET in 4 Easy Steps
- 10 Unusual Things I Didn’t Know About Steve Jobs
- 8 Alternatives to College
- I’m Completely Humiliated by Yoga
- How I Screwed Yasser Arafat out of $ 2mm (and lost $ 100mm in the process)
- Ep. 54 – Gabriel Weinberg: The Man Who is Fighting Google
- The Idea Matrix – What Changed Everyone’s Life After “Choose Yourself”
- Life is Like a Game. Here’s How You Master ANY Game
- Step By Step Guide to Make $10 Million And Then Totally Blow It
- Can You Do One Page a Day?
- The Secrets of Personal Finance
- 10 Things You Need to Know To Become a Great Leader
- OK. One Quote from Robin Williams
- The Worst Interview EVER. What I Learned From It.
- What’s It Like to Lose $100,000,000 at Facebook
- “The James Altucher Show” READING LIST (and why)
- How To Go Out At The Top
- The Autobiography of Kissing
- How to Persuade Anyone of Anything in Ten Seconds
- 10 WAYS I CONQUER MY ANGER
- 10 REGRETS YOU CAN AVOID