Archive for September, 2011
The Most Popular Way People Get to My Blog! Yay!
Posted by James Altucher on September 30th, 2011 at 7:45 am, Comments: 0
The single most popular way people have arrived at my blog who have no idea who I am (so this eliminates all social media) is by typing in the words “I Want to Die” into a search engine.
4,722 people did that this last month.
Specifically that phrase: “I Want to Die”. In Google. A smaller percentage typed: “how can I die?” Then they got to this post.
And it’s sort of obvious why.
Eliminate the FDA, the Insurance Companies, and Medical Education Before They Kill You
Posted by James Altucher on September 28th, 2011 at 7:00 am, Comments: 0
I’m a doctor. That’s not quite enough. Some might take that to mean I’m a “Doctor of Philosophy”. A PhD. In fact, I was rudely thrown out of graduate school. I asked to at least use the office for the summer but they said, “No.”. I needed to pack all my stuff and be out by afternoon. While packing my desk I found a woman’s earring underneath but that’s another story.
The Ten Commandments of James-Ism (or insert your own name)
Posted by James Altucher on September 25th, 2011 at 6:16 pm, Comments: 0
I just published a brand new book and I’m really pleased with it.
The book has original material (not just blog posts), had a professional designer work on it, solves a problem we all face in life, and I think I do it with a good amount of storytelling. In another post I will list the differences between this book and the one before it (and my blog posts). Here’s an image of the cover and if you click on it it takes you to the book page on Amazon. Right now it’s a paperback. It takes Amazon 2-4 weeks to make it kindle-ready: (Here’s also a link to the book)
ASK JAMES: Threesomes, Success, Can 60 year old women be pedofiles? and more!
Posted by James Altucher on September 25th, 2011 at 7:26 am, Comments: 0
We all keep our unhappiness to ourselves as much as possible. Why kid ourselves about that? We try to have sex with people and then maybe we can unload some of that unhappiness for a few moments. We say, “you look pretty today” and we feel good to make someone happy. But then life kicks in again and we’re unhappy until we find the next trick.We get older. And with age we get uglier. We get more worried about money. About ambition. About the world. Until one day, we’re relieved. It’s about to be over! In between these moments of unhappiness we boast we’ve found a cure. But the cure only lasts for so long.
I Lost Five Million Dollars This Morning
Posted by James Altucher on September 24th, 2011 at 10:22 am, Comments: 0
I found an email this morning that cost me about somewhere between two and five million dollars. It was dated April, 2009. I was one of two that were cc-ed on the email.The guys who wrote the email , like most people who need money, were desperate. I’m an email hoarder and like to extricate what I can from the archaeological dig that gmail provides me.
There were two emails. Here’s the first:
April 29, 2009:
Dr. Zhivago [name changed to preserve the innocent.]
- How to Self-Publish a Bestseller: Publishing 3.0
- 7 Things Happen to You When You Are Completely Honest
- How to Deal With Crappy People
- 10 More Reasons You Need to Quit Your Job Right Now!
- The 100 Rules for Being an Entrepreneur
- 33 Unusual Tips to Being a Better Writer
- How to be THE LUCKIEST GUY ON THE PLANET in 4 Easy Steps
- 10 Unusual Things I Didn’t Know About Steve Jobs
- 8 Alternatives to College
- I’m Completely Humiliated by Yoga
- How I Screwed Yasser Arafat out of $ 2mm (and lost $ 100mm in the process)
Older Entries »
- HOW TO BECOME A JEDI KNIGHT
- The Ten Worst Things You Can Do In A Negotiation
- THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO CHANGING YOUR LIFE
- DON’T RUN OVER A BABY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET!
- 10 Things I Learn From Richard Branson
- What I Learned from my First Podcast Guest in 1980 and What I Learned from My Last Podcast Guest (Yesterday)
- The Ultimate Guide to Making a Personal Manifesto
- What I Learned About Life After Interviewing 80 Highly Successful People
- FAQ ON HOW TO BECOME AN IDEA MACHINE
- Who Is In Your Scene?
- Ep. 65: Dan Ariely: Dishonesty, Irrationality, and Money
- Ep 64 – Tucker Max: Surprise Announcement! Part 1
- 10 Things I Learned While Interviewing Tony Robbins About His New Book “Money”
- Ep. 62 – Tony Robbins: Money Is Just A Game
- Ep. 61 – Trip Adler: Overnight Success 7 Years in the Making
- Nothing Is Wrong With You