Thank You, Claudia
- Posted by James Altucher
Thanks for getting better from the Lyme disease. You’ve been sick since August and quite frankly, it’s been a real drag for me.
Thanks for coming to all of my talks. You’ve probably heard me say the same joke about Aaron Spelling 15 times in a row and you still laugh. But it’s really true, if I haven’t met you I would’ve either met the love of my life on “The Love Boat” or “Fantasy Island” since that’s what I was trained as a nine year old to believe.
Thanks for making coffee in the morning. You have the right mixture of half-and-half and sugar. In every way.
Thanks for enjoying doing absolutely nothing. Even when we went to India, my best time was just lying around the room and reading. I’m glad you liked doing that also. And regularly falling asleep by 7pm so we can wake up in the total dark at 3 or 4 in the morning. I really don’t like site-seeing and I’m glad you feel the same way.
Thanks for not minding when I write about ex-girlfriends on this blog even though I don’t think I would like if you wrote about ex-boyfriends on your blog.
Thanks for writing your first book when I wrote “How to be the luckiest person alive“. I think success comes in pairs. You’re Larry Page to my Sergey Brin. Matisse to my Picasso ( I would say Dora Maar, since she was from Argentina but Picasso didn’t meet her until he was 55 and there was the 26 year age difference and they didn’t last. But she did grow up in Argentina), Stephen Spielberg to my George Lucas, Kim Kardashian to my Paris Hilton. You get the idea.
Several things I NEVER would have done if I hadn’t met you. Yoga (See, “How I was Humiliated by Yoga“), and going to Argentina, and taking tango lessons, and eating less red meat. I didn’t even know Argentina existed. And I thought Yoga was just a way to meet pretty girls (well, it is. But I realized it’s also more.) So thanks.
Thanks for playing Chinese Checkers with me the other day. It re-awoke my love for the game. I wish you had played again, though, so maybe I would’ve had a chance to let you win. Or not.
Three Thanksgivings ago I was sitting in “The Red Flame” diner by myself eating a turkey sandwich on white toast. I had just spent the day pretending to be a psychic out of sheer loneliness. This Thanksgiving I’m going to be on a plane the entire day. Thanks for booking it and making sure we get to sit together. I hope you got the extra leg room seats but if not, that’s ok also.
Most of all, thanks for calling “bullshit” on me in all the nicest ways possible. Most people don’t know the Art of the CBC (Constructive Bullshit Call). Your advice is always invaluable, never expressed in a critical fashion (which my fragile ego wouldn’t be able to handle), and always done with love. So thanks.
This time, rather than selfishly ask people to follow me on Twitter I encourage readers to follow Claudia for her insightful tweets.blog comments powered by Disqus
- How to Self-Publish a Bestseller: Publishing 3.0
- 7 Things Happen to You When You Are Completely Honest
- How to Deal With Crappy People
- 10 More Reasons You Need to Quit Your Job Right Now!
- The 100 Rules for Being an Entrepreneur
- 33 Unusual Tips to Being a Better Writer
- How to be THE LUCKIEST GUY ON THE PLANET in 4 Easy Steps
- 10 Unusual Things I Didn’t Know About Steve Jobs
- 8 Alternatives to College
- I’m Completely Humiliated by Yoga
- How I Screwed Yasser Arafat out of $ 2mm (and lost $ 100mm in the process)
- Ep. 65: Dan Ariely: Dishonesty, Irrationality, and Money
- Ep 64 – Tucker Max: Surprise Announcement! Part 1
- 10 Things I Learned While Interviewing Tony Robbins About His New Book “Money”
- Ep. 62 – Tony Robbins: Money Is Just A Game
- Ep. 61 – Trip Adler: Overnight Success 7 Years in the Making
- Nothing Is Wrong With You
- Ep. 59 – Brian Koppelman Ruined My Life
- 21 or 22 Yet Even More Amazing Tips to Be a Better Writer
- Ep. 54 – Gabriel Weinberg: The Man Who is Fighting Google
- The Idea Matrix – What Changed Everyone’s Life After “Choose Yourself”
- Life is Like a Game. Here’s How You Master ANY Game
- Step By Step Guide to Make $10 Million And Then Totally Blow It
- Can You Do One Page a Day?
- The Secrets of Personal Finance
- 10 Things You Need to Know To Become a Great Leader
- OK. One Quote from Robin Williams