Archive for December, 2011
Ask James: College, Confidence, Radical Honesty, Success After 50, Guilty Pleasures, and MORE!
Posted by James Altucher on December 31st, 2011 at 9:01 am, Comments: 0
WHY PARENTS SHOULD NOT SEND THEIR KIDS TO COLLEGE
CashN1n9 michael cash asks: You said don’t go to college, may i know why???
But I’ll try to summarize quickly:
- - Student loan debt is higher than ever. Tuitions have risen even higher than health care costs since I went to college. So why isn’t there a national discussion on this
The Purpose of Marriage
Posted by James Altucher on December 30th, 2011 at 9:46 am, Comments: 0
God damn you, Robert Sinn! Why did you have to ask a question in my every Thursday Twitter Q&A that turned into an entire blog post just by itself. And it was the very first question! You even asked it before the Q&A began. What is going on in your life you had to be in such a rush to ask that question?
Robert (@StockSage1) asked: “What’s the purpose of marriage?”
My Minimalism Manifesto
Posted by James Altucher on December 29th, 2011 at 9:05 am, Comments: 0
Claudia and I spent the entire Thanksgiving on an airplane, going from San Francisco to New York. We avoided the entire holiday.
Cooking, cleaning, getting together with relatives, all the small talk, all the hateful talk, all the gossipy talk, all the expenses. I hate that shit. Claudia slept almost the entire way. We got home by 11pm.
For most of the prior two weeks I had been on the road. I didn’t miss home at all (although I missed my kids even if they seemed to easily survive two weeks without me).
Nine Unusual Ways to Get Yourself Off the Floor
Posted by James Altucher on December 27th, 2011 at 4:42 pm, Comments: 0
What does it mean, “Your divorce was amicable.” ? When someone tells me that, I think: liar. How does that happen? And don’t think I don’t ask.
“Was it just, you guys woke up and looked at each other and said, ‘ok, that’s it’ “and then it was all good after that? You just moved out and started having sex with other people?”
“Well, no, but…”
Secrets of the Accidental Entrepreneur
Posted by James Altucher on December 26th, 2011 at 9:42 am, Comments: 0
[my guest post from techcrunch this weekend]
I was in a meeting with Uri Geller. You know who he is. He’s the psychic that bends spoons. He’s been doing it since he was a kid. Marvel Comics even did an issue once where Uri Geller was helping out Daredevil. The cover has Daredevil wearing an extremely tight uniform where you could see the outline of his genitalia (putting it delicately for SOPA Nazis). Daredvil was swinging around punching people while Uri Geller (“the Most Shocking Guest Star of All” according to the cover) was melting tanks.
- How to Self-Publish a Bestseller: Publishing 3.0
- 7 Things Happen to You When You Are Completely Honest
- How to Deal With Crappy People
- 10 More Reasons You Need to Quit Your Job Right Now!
- The 100 Rules for Being an Entrepreneur
- 33 Unusual Tips to Being a Better Writer
- How to be THE LUCKIEST GUY ON THE PLANET in 4 Easy Steps
- 10 Unusual Things I Didn’t Know About Steve Jobs
- 8 Alternatives to College
- I’m Completely Humiliated by Yoga
- How I Screwed Yasser Arafat out of $ 2mm (and lost $ 100mm in the process)
Older Entries »
- What I Learned About Life After Interviewing 80 Highly Successful People
- FAQ ON HOW TO BECOME AN IDEA MACHINE
- Who Is In Your Scene?
- Ep. 65: Dan Ariely: Dishonesty, Irrationality, and Money
- Ep 64 – Tucker Max: Surprise Announcement! Part 1
- 10 Things I Learned While Interviewing Tony Robbins About His New Book “Money”
- Ep. 62 – Tony Robbins: Money Is Just A Game
- Ep. 61 – Trip Adler: Overnight Success 7 Years in the Making
- Nothing Is Wrong With You
- Ep. 59 – Brian Koppelman Ruined My Life
- 21 or 22 Yet Even More Amazing Tips to Be a Better Writer
- Ep. 54 – Gabriel Weinberg: The Man Who is Fighting Google
- The Idea Matrix – What Changed Everyone’s Life After “Choose Yourself”
- Life is Like a Game. Here’s How You Master ANY Game
- Step By Step Guide to Make $10 Million And Then Totally Blow It
- Can You Do One Page a Day?