Archive for February, 2012
How To Break Free From Being Stuck
Posted by James Altucher on February 28th, 2012 at 8:22 pm, Comments: 0
I felt “stuck” at a corporate job. I had a cubicle. I had the fluorescent lights. I had the guy in the cubicle next to mine who would make that signal with his finger and cheek whenever a girl walked by that he wanted a blowjob from. I had the boss that could make me cry. I played online chess all day long. I had the girls I had crushes on. I had the stuff I was doing on the side that nobody knew about. But I was stuck.
Ten Lessons I Learned from Shark Tank
Posted by James Altucher on February 26th, 2012 at 6:36 pm, Comments: 0
I just gave up all parenting responsibilities this weekend to Mark Cuban. Meaning, my kids and I watched eight straight episodes of “Shark Tank”.
For the past two years, people have been begging me to watch “Shark Tank”. One friend of mine, who has co-invested with me on two deals, has given me two pieces of advice in life. One is: “you never know what someone is worth until they declare bankruptcy”. The point is, we all speculate that someone is worth $100 million or a billion or whatever, and the next day you read in the newspaper that they declare bankruptcy. Now you know.
Having a Bad Number Day
Posted by James Altucher on February 26th, 2012 at 8:58 am, Comments: 0
Today is a really bad day. I almost can’t talk about it. I’m sort of choked up.
My Klout score went down.
The second derivative of the rate of change of my number of twitter followers went negative.
My Amazon score for my last book went up (better for it to go down, which in the perverse world of “up/downs” on Amazon, would mean that things are looking “up” for my book).
My last article got fewer Facebook likes than I would’ve hoped.
My online chess rating went down.
Ask James: Why Sex Motivated Me, How To Be Happy, Who Will I Vote For, and More!
Posted by James Altucher on February 24th, 2012 at 11:55 am, Comments: 0
Every Thursday I do a Q&A on Twitter. I’m really happy people ask me questions. I also encourage anyone else to answer the questions in the comments below. This is a free-for-all. I need to learn the answers also!
Here’s expanded answers from this week’s. I expect to be done with the book, “FAQ ME” in about two weeks. Enjoy:
HOW DO I DEAL WITH STRESS?
Par Trivedi @Parito asks: how can I reduce stress? And what is real stress? I hear so much about stress reducing health, but really don’t understand it.
How I Met Claudia (in Comic Book Form)
Posted by James Altucher on February 23rd, 2012 at 9:02 am, Comments: 0
Taken from (and for more comic book versions of stories in this blog):
- How to Self-Publish a Bestseller: Publishing 3.0
- 7 Things Happen to You When You Are Completely Honest
- How to Deal With Crappy People
- 10 More Reasons You Need to Quit Your Job Right Now!
- The 100 Rules for Being an Entrepreneur
- 33 Unusual Tips to Being a Better Writer
- How to be THE LUCKIEST GUY ON THE PLANET in 4 Easy Steps
- 10 Unusual Things I Didn’t Know About Steve Jobs
- 8 Alternatives to College
- I’m Completely Humiliated by Yoga
- How I Screwed Yasser Arafat out of $ 2mm (and lost $ 100mm in the process)
Older Entries »
- What I Learned About Life After Interviewing 80 Highly Successful People
- FAQ ON HOW TO BECOME AN IDEA MACHINE
- Who Is In Your Scene?
- Ep. 65: Dan Ariely: Dishonesty, Irrationality, and Money
- Ep 64 – Tucker Max: Surprise Announcement! Part 1
- 10 Things I Learned While Interviewing Tony Robbins About His New Book “Money”
- Ep. 62 – Tony Robbins: Money Is Just A Game
- Ep. 61 – Trip Adler: Overnight Success 7 Years in the Making
- Nothing Is Wrong With You
- Ep. 59 – Brian Koppelman Ruined My Life
- 21 or 22 Yet Even More Amazing Tips to Be a Better Writer
- Ep. 54 – Gabriel Weinberg: The Man Who is Fighting Google
- The Idea Matrix – What Changed Everyone’s Life After “Choose Yourself”
- Life is Like a Game. Here’s How You Master ANY Game
- Step By Step Guide to Make $10 Million And Then Totally Blow It
- Can You Do One Page a Day?