Archive for July, 2012
The Two Steps to Make Good Ideas Happen
Posted by James Altucher on July 30th, 2012 at 9:11 am, Comments: 0
I’m not Christian, but I think its great to take Jesus as an example here. He had some good ideas. Turn the other cheek. Don’t judge people. “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.” I like it. There’s nothing wrong with an idea like that.
Jesus had no money. He had zero contacts. In fact, he was probably treated like a bastard when he grew up in Nazareth. For reasons I describe below he was probably picked on by the other kids. Certainly the neighbors didn’t think he was anything special. He had to move away to get his ideas across. And when he came for a visit they laughed at him.
What To Do When You Lose Everything
Posted by James Altucher on July 27th, 2012 at 8:47 am, Comments: 0
A good friend of mine lost all his money yesterday. Two nights ago he wrote me: ZNGA had bad earnings, it’s down 40% after hours. If it opens up here in the morning then my account will be shut down, I will lose all my money, I will owe the bank money, and I will probably have to declare bankruptcy, I’ll have to move in with my parents, and I’ll never get credit again.
He was very upset.
I asked him, are you going to be able to sleep tonight?
Yes I Can!
Posted by James Altucher on July 25th, 2012 at 11:46 am, Comments: 0
Yesterday John Stossel asked me, “But don’t we need a President?” John has long been a hero of mine, particularly since his autobiography came out: Give Me a Break: How I Exposed Hucksters, Cheats, and Scam Artists
We were doing a pre-taping for his Thursday show. I was feeling a bit uncomfortable. First they asked me to put on makeup three times. I don’t like to wear makeup. Actually, I don’t even like to be touched unless I know you very well. Then right before we were going to start taping they asked me to go into some back room and comb my hair. What’s wrong with just looking like I normally do? Am I going to comb my hair and somehow look more “TV ready”? I couldn’t find an empty room so I was wandering the halls with a brush. I felt embarrassed.
What Do You See When You Look At This Image?
Posted by James Altucher on July 23rd, 2012 at 10:28 am, Comments: 0
Take a look at the above image. Quick, tell me what you see?
I used that image on a post the other day. Somebody wrote somewhere (maybe they tweeted it, maybe they wrote on “my wall”. I don’t know. Somewhere.) – they wrote, “How come you have this half-naked girl on this post. I’m unsubscribing.”
BAM! He totally dissed me. And now I lost him as a reader. Please come back and read me and I’ll make it up to you. I promise. I’ll do anything. And he made it public. He didn’t simply stop reading me. He didn’t email me. He wrote it in some social media forum for everyone to see that he was going to stop reading me.
How I Would Unschool My Kids
Posted by James Altucher on July 19th, 2012 at 8:57 am, Comments: 0
My dad hit me when I got bad grades. Particularly when I was young and got a bad grade in “Conduct”. Happiness was an “A”. Even better: an “A+”. Sadness was an “F”. It was almost like a joke. Like the only way to get an “F” is if you tried to screw up almost as much as you tried to get an “A”.
- How to Self-Publish a Bestseller: Publishing 3.0
- 7 Things Happen to You When You Are Completely Honest
- How to Deal With Crappy People
- 10 More Reasons You Need to Quit Your Job Right Now!
- The 100 Rules for Being an Entrepreneur
- 33 Unusual Tips to Being a Better Writer
- How to be THE LUCKIEST GUY ON THE PLANET in 4 Easy Steps
- 10 Unusual Things I Didn’t Know About Steve Jobs
- 8 Alternatives to College
- I’m Completely Humiliated by Yoga
- How I Screwed Yasser Arafat out of $ 2mm (and lost $ 100mm in the process)
Older Entries »
- What I Learned About Life After Interviewing 80 Highly Successful People
- FAQ ON HOW TO BECOME AN IDEA MACHINE
- Who Is In Your Scene?
- Ep. 65: Dan Ariely: Dishonesty, Irrationality, and Money
- Ep 64 – Tucker Max: Surprise Announcement! Part 1
- 10 Things I Learned While Interviewing Tony Robbins About His New Book “Money”
- Ep. 62 – Tony Robbins: Money Is Just A Game
- Ep. 61 – Trip Adler: Overnight Success 7 Years in the Making
- Nothing Is Wrong With You
- Ep. 59 – Brian Koppelman Ruined My Life
- 21 or 22 Yet Even More Amazing Tips to Be a Better Writer
- Ep. 54 – Gabriel Weinberg: The Man Who is Fighting Google
- The Idea Matrix – What Changed Everyone’s Life After “Choose Yourself”
- Life is Like a Game. Here’s How You Master ANY Game
- Step By Step Guide to Make $10 Million And Then Totally Blow It
- Can You Do One Page a Day?