Archive for July, 2012
S.P.I.C.E – Sweet, Pretty, Intelligent, Creative, Emotionally Mature
Posted by James Altucher on July 18th, 2012 at 7:54 am, Comments: 0
I’ve had four fun conversations today so far about cheating, lying, backstabbing, and pain. It’s 5:53 am.
If you talk to me, assume that I’m going to put our conversation word-for-word on this blog. However, I will always protect names and identities and will respect any wishes to not include a conversation. I will never expose identities. But even if you are Claudia or my two daughters I am going to totally use any material because every day I am desperate for something to talk about. (If you are my daughters you will thank me later for giving you plenty of material to talk about in later therapy sessions. It’s always hard to come up with good stuff to talk to your therapist about but you two will have no problem. )
What Are Your Plans For Your Death Bed?
Posted by James Altucher on July 16th, 2012 at 10:05 am, Comments: 0
Do you know what you are going to say on your deathbed? Everyone wants to know what you are going to say. People say things like, “on your deathbed are you going to wish you spent more time at work than with your family?”
Well, are you? Are you going to say that? When you have tubes sticking through every orifice. And you have an artificial heart and maybe even a partially artificial cylon brain, are you going to suddenly pull the tube out of your mouth and say, like the King’s Speech, “I wish I had spent more time with my family than at work?”
How to Fight For Personal Liberty
Posted by James Altucher on July 15th, 2012 at 10:28 am, Comments: 0
“Marc@FreeMarketsFan” asked me this question during my Twitter Q&A last Thursday: What is one thing a regular individual can do every day to keep fighting for our personal liberty?
Slaves fight. Enemies fight. People who hate, fight. When you have personal liberty there is no “other”. Nobody to fight. There is no “Us” versus “Them” for the person who has found personal liberty.
Go On a News Diet, Starting Today
Posted by James Altucher on July 13th, 2012 at 7:46 am, Comments: 0
Claudia and I were in bed reading Cosmopolitan (me) and The Economist (she) at 2 in the afternoon. I pointed out a fascinating article in Cosmopolitan: “Why the Vagina Might Feel Weird After Sex.” Claudia, in turn, pointed out an article in The Economist: “Power Struggle in the Vatican”. There were bright lights turned on us and two people from PBS were there to videotape this momentous occasion (video coming next month). As part of this, I got a bunch of newspapers from that day. I haven’t bought any newspapers in about two years so it was like these weird artifacts spread out through the room. I perused the headlines. This was all on July 11.
Posted by James Altucher on July 11th, 2012 at 9:27 am, Comments: 0
I’m scared to death of having a job. But you never know what opportunities could come my way. There’s a lot of money out there willing to pay anyone. So I figured I’d dust off my resume, finally accept every LinkedIn request and just put it out there. You know, to see what was up.
- How to Self-Publish a Bestseller: Publishing 3.0
- 7 Things Happen to You When You Are Completely Honest
- How to Deal With Crappy People
- 10 More Reasons You Need to Quit Your Job Right Now!
- The 100 Rules for Being an Entrepreneur
- 33 Unusual Tips to Being a Better Writer
- How to be THE LUCKIEST GUY ON THE PLANET in 4 Easy Steps
- 10 Unusual Things I Didn’t Know About Steve Jobs
- 8 Alternatives to College
- I’m Completely Humiliated by Yoga
- How I Screwed Yasser Arafat out of $ 2mm (and lost $ 100mm in the process)
Older Entries »
- The Ten Worst Things You Can Do In A Negotiation
- THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO CHANGING YOUR LIFE
- DON’T RUN OVER A BABY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET!
- 10 Things I Learn From Richard Branson
- What I Learned from my First Podcast Guest in 1980 and What I Learned from My Last Podcast Guest (Yesterday)
- The Ultimate Guide to Making a Personal Manifesto
- What I Learned About Life After Interviewing 80 Highly Successful People
- FAQ ON HOW TO BECOME AN IDEA MACHINE
- Who Is In Your Scene?
- Ep. 65: Dan Ariely: Dishonesty, Irrationality, and Money
- Ep 64 – Tucker Max: Surprise Announcement! Part 1
- 10 Things I Learned While Interviewing Tony Robbins About His New Book “Money”
- Ep. 62 – Tony Robbins: Money Is Just A Game
- Ep. 61 – Trip Adler: Overnight Success 7 Years in the Making
- Nothing Is Wrong With You
- Ep. 59 – Brian Koppelman Ruined My Life