Archive for August, 2012
Ask James: How to Get Over Heartache, The 5PM Diet, What Should You Do In Life, And More
Posted by James Altucher on August 20th, 2012 at 9:02 am, Comments: 0
WHAT SHOULD I DO IN LIFE?
Ali H. Baloch @alihb12: I don’t know what to do in life and over what i am good. I lose interest in whatever i do after some time. can you help me find?
Ali, It’s a horrible thing and I know how you feel. Not the feeling of “I don’t know what to do” but the feeling of “I feel bad that I don’t know what to do”.
How to Cure Post-Traumatic Societal Stress Syndrome
Posted by James Altucher on August 17th, 2012 at 12:34 pm, Comments: 0
We all have a disfiguring, gross, disease that oozes emotional pus, destroys our sex drive, and cripples us in life. It started in 2000 with the dot-com bust. There was this infinitely glorious future promised us: of robots and networks and infinite productivity, even ever- increasing salaries and wealth, and the promise of infinite love from any part of the world that we sought it.
Then it went bust.
What Are You?
Posted by James Altucher on August 15th, 2012 at 9:35 am, Comments: 0
Are you a Republican? Are you gay? Or straight? Are you pro-choice? Are you anti-environmentalist? Are you a Buddhist? Or a Jew? And, if Jewish – are you Reform or Conservative? Or Reconstructionist? Are you a vegetarian for moral reasons? Do you smoke?
Are you a writer? Or a lawyer? Or a businessman? Are you a failure? Are you a woman?
Write down all the things you are. Use a pencil and not a pen. How big can you make the list? Are you a husband? A good father? A bad friend? Maybe you are lonely? Are you an artist?
Ask James: How to Change Careers, How to Disappoint, Do I Follow My Own Advice, Is the Market Rigged, and More
Posted by James Altucher on August 13th, 2012 at 9:23 am, Comments: 0
WHAT MADE YOU THE PERSON YOU ARE TODAY?
5 Things I Learn From Gandhi
Posted by James Altucher on August 10th, 2012 at 8:59 am, Comments: 0
First, two small stories:
#1: A woman walks with her son many miles and days to come to Gandhi. She is very worried about her son’s health because he is eating too much sugar. She comes to Gandhi and says, “please, sir, can you tell my son to stop eating sugar.”
Gandhi looks at her and thinks for a bit and finally says, “ok, but not today. Bring him back in two weeks.”
She’s disappointed and takes her son home. Two weeks later she makes the journey again and goes to Gandhi with her son.
- How to Self-Publish a Bestseller: Publishing 3.0
- 7 Things Happen to You When You Are Completely Honest
- How to Deal With Crappy People
- 10 More Reasons You Need to Quit Your Job Right Now!
- The 100 Rules for Being an Entrepreneur
- 33 Unusual Tips to Being a Better Writer
- How to be THE LUCKIEST GUY ON THE PLANET in 4 Easy Steps
- 10 Unusual Things I Didn’t Know About Steve Jobs
- 8 Alternatives to College
- I’m Completely Humiliated by Yoga
- How I Screwed Yasser Arafat out of $ 2mm (and lost $ 100mm in the process)
Older Entries »
- HOW TO BECOME A JEDI KNIGHT
- The Ten Worst Things You Can Do In A Negotiation
- THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO CHANGING YOUR LIFE
- DON’T RUN OVER A BABY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET!
- 10 Things I Learn From Richard Branson
- What I Learned from my First Podcast Guest in 1980 and What I Learned from My Last Podcast Guest (Yesterday)
- The Ultimate Guide to Making a Personal Manifesto
- What I Learned About Life After Interviewing 80 Highly Successful People
- FAQ ON HOW TO BECOME AN IDEA MACHINE
- Who Is In Your Scene?
- Ep. 65: Dan Ariely: Dishonesty, Irrationality, and Money
- Ep 64 – Tucker Max: Surprise Announcement! Part 1
- 10 Things I Learned While Interviewing Tony Robbins About His New Book “Money”
- Ep. 62 – Tony Robbins: Money Is Just A Game
- Ep. 61 – Trip Adler: Overnight Success 7 Years in the Making
- Nothing Is Wrong With You