The Six People You Must Find Today
- Posted by James Altucher
Here’s a little story that must be told. Six people out of seven billion people were sent from deep space on a mission to Earth. Each of these people contains a part of a hidden message encoded in their DNA. You have twenty four hours to find all six people, to reach into their DNA to get the message, to line the pieces up to put the message together, and then to use your Captain Crunch decoder ring to decode the message.
Once you do this, oxytocin will explode through your body, lighting up all of your pleasure centers. But don’t think about that now. Worry instead about the end of the world.
If you don’t do this in twenty four hours the world will be obliterated. The aliens will come. The good aliens are long dead. Moved on to another dimension because of superior technology that we can’t understand. The only things they left behind were you and the six people around the world out of seven billion that you must find. Please find them today. For the sake of all humanity, PLEASE! Write their names in a notebook. Preferably a waiter’s pad.
Then do it again tomorrow.
1) Someone to love. Write the name and why you love this person.
2) Someone to thank. You must call them and thank them. If you can’t call them, just write their name down.
3) Someone to be grateful for (but you can’t thank directly. Maybe they are dead. Or long gone from your life.)
4) Someone to forgive (you don’t have to physically forgive them. It turns out the same amount of oxytocin is released if you write their name down on a piece of paper and forgive them).
5) Someone to forget (no need to be angry anymore, my sweet baby. Forgetting and moving on, even if their actions were unforgivable).
6) Someone to admire. We can often rewire the brain by thinking about the people we want to admire and emulate.
I do this every morning. It works. I’m not trying to write a long post with a catchy story here. There’s nothing revealing here. I simply do this. At the end of a month of doing this, your waiter’s pad will be a work of art. Your life will be better. You’ll be happier.
There! Claudia, I just proved I can do a short post.blog comments powered by Disqus
Top Rated Posts
- 7 Things Happen to You When You Are Completely Honest
- How to Deal With Crappy People
- Why and How I Self-Published a Book
- 10 More Reasons You Need to Quit Your Job Right Now!
- The 100 Rules for Being an Entrepreneur
- 33 Unusual Tips to Being a Better Writer
- How to be THE LUCKIEST GUY ON THE PLANET in 4 Easy Steps
- 10 Unusual Things I Didn’t Know About Steve Jobs
- 8 Alternatives to College
- I’m Completely Humiliated by Yoga
- How I Screwed Yasser Arafat out of $ 2mm (and lost $ 100mm in the process)
- THERE’S NO PAINLESS WAY TO KILL YOURSELF
- How to Win Friends and Influence People
- HOW TO QUIT YOUR JOB
- The Benefits of Self-Publishing
- YOU EVER GO TOTALLY CRAZY?
- Destroy Your Masters!
- FEARLESS BLOGGING
- How To Be a Superhero
- Two Stories About Google We Can All Learn From
- How to be Rich – THE PUSH
- Why Do People Hate Their Jobs?
- Why Hard-Core Pornography is Bad for your Health, and other facts about Testosterone
- Is College A Scam?
- Mistakes Were Made
- Today I Lost Two Million Dollars
Click for Amazon Pre-Order Page