Archive for May, 2013
Why Do Anything?
Posted by James Altucher on May 30th, 2013 at 10:02 am, Comments: 0
I don’t know.
I don’t want to do anything. Everyone says things like:
“I’m feeling stuck” Or, “I wish I knew what my purpose was” OR “I have lot’s of ideas, what do I do next?”.
Why do you have to do anything?
I was at a conference this past week. I was very intimidated by the other attendees. At least four bestselling authors there. Another guy who gets millions of views on his beautiful videos. Another guy sells a billion dollars worth of clothes per year. And on and on.
THERE’S NO PAINLESS WAY TO KILL YOURSELF
Posted by James Altucher on May 24th, 2013 at 2:23 pm, Comments: 0
I gave my 11 year old daughter important advice the other day: there’s no painless way to kill yourself.
“What about with a gun?” she said.
I told her about a friend of mine who shot himself in the mouth. He put the gun in his mouth and pointed upwards towards the brain.
He shot off half his face, he went blind in one eye, and he is now in a wheelchair.
If you type in “I Want to Die” into google, my website is the first result.
How to Win Friends and Influence People
Posted by James Altucher on May 21st, 2013 at 10:01 am, Comments: 0
One time I tried to move into a homeless shelter in Pittsburgh.
I had this image that it would be like some sort of sex dormitory. I would meet all of these homeless ex-prostitutes or lonely single mothers and we would sneak into each other’s rooms and fall in love.
We would whisper really quietly to each other at night and it would be exciting and fresh and new.
I asked the manager of the homeless shelter if I could live there. I said I wanted to do research for a book. I also said it was only one block from where I worked so I wanted an easy commute.
HOW TO QUIT YOUR JOB
Posted by James Altucher on May 17th, 2013 at 9:17 am, Comments: 0
I wanted to quit my job. I hated my boss. He always yelled at me. I hated my co-workers. They always yelled at me.
I was addicted to playing chess online. One time my girlfriend called at 6pm and said, “don’t forget, we have guests coming over for dinner in a half hour.”
I said, “I’m just going to play one more game and then I will be home.”
The Benefits of Self-Publishing
Posted by James Altucher on May 15th, 2013 at 9:05 am, Comments: 0
If anyone has any doubts about the stigma of self-publishing and whether or not it is here to stay you only have to check out the recently self-published and instant cult classic “Urine Therapy – How to Drink Your own Urine” by “Craig Smith”.
According to “Craig”, urine is pretty sterile and contains excess “good things” that the kidney was not able to absorb. Getting those good things back in the body either through drinking them or massaging them into your skin could cure cancer, cure insomnia, relieve stress, cure HIV, increase survival in the desert, cure gonorrhea, and it might “even taste good once you get used to it.”
- How to Self-Publish a Bestseller: Publishing 3.0
- 7 Things Happen to You When You Are Completely Honest
- How to Deal With Crappy People
- 10 More Reasons You Need to Quit Your Job Right Now!
- The 100 Rules for Being an Entrepreneur
- 33 Unusual Tips to Being a Better Writer
- How to be THE LUCKIEST GUY ON THE PLANET in 4 Easy Steps
- 10 Unusual Things I Didn’t Know About Steve Jobs
- 8 Alternatives to College
- I’m Completely Humiliated by Yoga
- How I Screwed Yasser Arafat out of $ 2mm (and lost $ 100mm in the process)
Older Entries »
- HOW TO BECOME A JEDI KNIGHT
- The Ten Worst Things You Can Do In A Negotiation
- THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO CHANGING YOUR LIFE
- DON’T RUN OVER A BABY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET!
- 10 Things I Learn From Richard Branson
- What I Learned from my First Podcast Guest in 1980 and What I Learned from My Last Podcast Guest (Yesterday)
- The Ultimate Guide to Making a Personal Manifesto
- What I Learned About Life After Interviewing 80 Highly Successful People
- FAQ ON HOW TO BECOME AN IDEA MACHINE
- Who Is In Your Scene?
- Ep. 65: Dan Ariely: Dishonesty, Irrationality, and Money
- Ep 64 – Tucker Max: Surprise Announcement! Part 1
- 10 Things I Learned While Interviewing Tony Robbins About His New Book “Money”
- Ep. 62 – Tony Robbins: Money Is Just A Game
- Ep. 61 – Trip Adler: Overnight Success 7 Years in the Making
- Nothing Is Wrong With You