Who Is In Your Scene?
Posted by James Altucher on December 3rd, 2014 at 9:48 am, Comments: 0
(Jasper Johns’s “Flag”. A product of his scene)
Claudia asked me, “What took you the longest in your life to understand?”
I don’t know if I understand anything in my life. I don’t say this with self-modesty. Every day I learn something where I say to myself, “why didn’t I learn that before?”
But I know the answer to Claudia’s question: it took me the longest to understand that our ability to survive, to be calm, to even be happy, to possibly be successful, stems entirely from the quality of the people you surround yourself with.
10 Things I Learned While Interviewing Tony Robbins About His New Book “Money”
Posted by James Altucher on November 19th, 2014 at 8:10 am, Comments: 0[Here is the link to the podcast: http://bit.ly/1t8RJ80]
When we got to Tony Robbins’ house we were specifically prevented from photographing his sneakers. I took out the camera but his assistant shook her head. “No”. Which made me feverish to take the picture even more but I didn’t.
Everyone takes their shoes off. And all the other shoes were like normal human shoes. Then there were his sneakers.
Nothing Is Wrong With You
Posted by James Altucher on November 13th, 2014 at 8:05 am, Comments: 0
Gabi Uri is missing muscles in her calves and her abs plus she has scoliosis. She’s 16 and has had this condition since birth. Since she was born she’s had 14 surgeries to help correct her condition as much as possible. She walks with a slight limp.
21 or 22 Yet Even More Amazing Tips to Be a Better Writer
Posted by James Altucher on November 3rd, 2014 at 8:44 am, Comments: 0
My 12 year old daughter is afraid to talk to me because I might write it. My sister doesn’t speak to me. My mom doesn’t speak to me. I suspect even Claudia is afraid of what she says to me.
When I was seven years old I plagiarized word for word stories from science fiction magazines so my teachers would think I was smart.
When I was 22 years old I thought girls would like me if I wrote a novel. I spent so much time writing that I was thrown out of graduate school.
My first published book caused me to get fired when my boss thought I stole all his ideas.
My sister wrote me, “you’re a horrible person”.
But I still want people to like me.
The Idea Matrix – What Changed Everyone’s Life After “Choose Yourself”
Posted by James Altucher on October 20th, 2014 at 8:23 am, Comments: 0
90% of the feedback I got about “Choose Yourself” was about one thing: How to bridge harsh reality with the world of imagination: how to become an Idea Machine.
For my whole life I felt like a stray dog, dashing around until I could survive in the jungle. But I was lost and it took a long time.
And I get it. I was dead on the ground. I was broke. I was separated. I was fired. I was scared. Scared and lonely.
- How to Self-Publish a Bestseller: Publishing 3.0
- 7 Things Happen to You When You Are Completely Honest
- How to Deal With Crappy People
- 10 More Reasons You Need to Quit Your Job Right Now!
- The 100 Rules for Being an Entrepreneur
- 33 Unusual Tips to Being a Better Writer
- How to be THE LUCKIEST GUY ON THE PLANET in 4 Easy Steps
- 10 Unusual Things I Didn’t Know About Steve Jobs
- 8 Alternatives to College
- I’m Completely Humiliated by Yoga
- How I Screwed Yasser Arafat out of $ 2mm (and lost $ 100mm in the process)
Older Entries »
- Who Is In Your Scene?
- Ep. 65: Dan Ariely: Dishonesty, Irrationality, and Money
- Ep 64 – Tucker Max: Surprise Announcement! Part 1
- 10 Things I Learned While Interviewing Tony Robbins About His New Book “Money”
- Ep. 62 – Tony Robbins: Money Is Just A Game
- Ep. 61 – Trip Adler: Overnight Success 7 Years in the Making
- Nothing Is Wrong With You
- Ep. 59 – Brian Koppelman Ruined My Life
- 21 or 22 Yet Even More Amazing Tips to Be a Better Writer
- Ep. 54 – Gabriel Weinberg: The Man Who is Fighting Google
- The Idea Matrix – What Changed Everyone’s Life After “Choose Yourself”
- Life is Like a Game. Here’s How You Master ANY Game
- Step By Step Guide to Make $10 Million And Then Totally Blow It
- Can You Do One Page a Day?
- The Secrets of Personal Finance
- 10 Things You Need to Know To Become a Great Leader