21 or 22 Yet Even More Amazing Tips to Be a Better Writer
Posted by James Altucher on November 3rd, 2014 at 8:44 am. Post Comments: 0
My 12 year old daughter is afraid to talk to me because I might write it. My sister doesn’t speak to me. My mom doesn’t speak to me. I suspect even Claudia is afraid of what she says to me.
When I was seven years old I plagiarized word for word stories from science fiction magazines so my teachers would think I was smart.
When I was 22 years old I thought girls would like me if I wrote a novel. I spent so much time writing that I was thrown out of graduate school.
My first published book caused me to get fired when my boss thought I stole all his ideas.
My sister wrote me, “you’re a horrible person”.
But I still want people to like me.
The Idea Matrix – What Changed Everyone’s Life After “Choose Yourself”
Posted by James Altucher on October 20th, 2014 at 8:23 am. Post Comments: 0
90% of the feedback I got about “Choose Yourself” was about one thing: How to bridge harsh reality with the world of imagination: how to become an Idea Machine.
For my whole life I felt like a stray dog, dashing around until I could survive in the jungle. But I was lost and it took a long time.
And I get it. I was dead on the ground. I was broke. I was separated. I was fired. I was scared. Scared and lonely.
Life is Like a Game. Here’s How You Master ANY Game
Posted by James Altucher on October 2nd, 2014 at 8:38 am. Post Comments: 0
I swept the chess pieces to the floor and ran out. The pieces were still popping around on the ground like popcorn when I left the room where the match was being played. It was my school versus some other school. I had lost.
Step By Step Guide to Make $10 Million And Then Totally Blow It
Posted by James Altucher on September 23rd, 2014 at 9:03 am. Post Comments: 0
$70 million was a lot of money for me at the time. And I couldn’t sleep at night until I gave back every dollar to the people who gave it to me.
I was running the sort of fund where people gave me money and then I invested it in other funds. The only problem was, I couldn’t figure out what funds were total scams and what funds were legit. In retrospect, I think about 9 or 10 of the 12 funds I was invested in were total scams.
- How to Self-Publish a Bestseller: Publishing 3.0
- 7 Things Happen to You When You Are Completely Honest
- How to Deal With Crappy People
- 10 More Reasons You Need to Quit Your Job Right Now!
- The 100 Rules for Being an Entrepreneur
- 33 Unusual Tips to Being a Better Writer
- How to be THE LUCKIEST GUY ON THE PLANET in 4 Easy Steps
- 10 Unusual Things I Didn’t Know About Steve Jobs
- 8 Alternatives to College
- I’m Completely Humiliated by Yoga
- How I Screwed Yasser Arafat out of $ 2mm (and lost $ 100mm in the process)
Older Entries »
- The Ten Worst Things You Can Do In A Negotiation
- THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO CHANGING YOUR LIFE
- DON’T RUN OVER A BABY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET!
- 10 Things I Learn From Richard Branson
- What I Learned from my First Podcast Guest in 1980 and What I Learned from My Last Podcast Guest (Yesterday)
- The Ultimate Guide to Making a Personal Manifesto
- What I Learned About Life After Interviewing 80 Highly Successful People
- FAQ ON HOW TO BECOME AN IDEA MACHINE
- Who Is In Your Scene?
- Ep. 65: Dan Ariely: Dishonesty, Irrationality, and Money
- Ep 64 – Tucker Max: Surprise Announcement! Part 1
- 10 Things I Learned While Interviewing Tony Robbins About His New Book “Money”
- Ep. 62 – Tony Robbins: Money Is Just A Game
- Ep. 61 – Trip Adler: Overnight Success 7 Years in the Making
- Nothing Is Wrong With You
- Ep. 59 – Brian Koppelman Ruined My Life