What’s It Like to Lose $100,000,000 at Facebook
Posted by James Altucher on August 7th, 2014 at 2:13 pm. Post Comments: 0
Noah Kagan was fired as one of the first employees of Facebook and he left probably $100,000,000 behind if he had stayed. Then he was fired early on as an employee of Mint.com, which later got bought by Intuit.
SO I decided to call him.
I rarely leave my house so sometimes my only interactions are when I call strangers.
“It did feel horrible,” he told me, “But I was arrogant. I deserved to be fired.”
“The James Altucher Show” READING LIST (and why)
Posted by James Altucher on August 4th, 2014 at 8:26 am. Post Comments: 0
I’m really proud of my podcast. Every guest has “chosen himself” in some way and then figured out how to spread the message of how he or her did it.
So far only one guest has hung up on me. I’ll save him for the next post.
I’m going to describe more at a later point how I pick and then prepare for each guest. I always try to ask questions they’ve never been asked before.
How To Go Out At The Top
Posted by James Altucher on July 28th, 2014 at 9:53 am. Post Comments: 0
Jerry Seinfeld was asked by Howard Stern, “why didn’t you continue the series?” After all, Seinfeld was being offered $100,000,000 by NBC if he agreed to just one more season.
For Seinfeld everything boiled down to timing. He didn’t have any special gimmicks in his act. So timing and writing was everything.
In an interview with the LA Times he once said, “A laugh is not just a laugh. It has different breadth, different pitch, different amplitude, and you learn to interpret what those things mean.”
Analyzing every detail like that is what made his comedy special. So he learned to interpret what the laughter was about for his show, the highest rated show in history.
The Autobiography of Kissing
Posted by James Altucher on July 22nd, 2014 at 8:22 am. Post Comments: 0
I’ve written about 1000 posts now, give or take and if you haven’t figured out how to kiss girls yet then you haven’t been really listening to me.
But I’d figure I’d summarize anyway. And, of course, being able to kiss girls (and then later…women) has everything to do with making a lot of money.
Most of these techniques I’ve mentioned before but I’ll be real concise, summarize them here, and talk about the results.
A) Six Years Old: There was only one flame in my heart at that time: Melissa Mailman. My technique: chase her and touch her.
- How to Self-Publish a Bestseller: Publishing 3.0
- 7 Things Happen to You When You Are Completely Honest
- How to Deal With Crappy People
- 10 More Reasons You Need to Quit Your Job Right Now!
- The 100 Rules for Being an Entrepreneur
- 33 Unusual Tips to Being a Better Writer
- How to be THE LUCKIEST GUY ON THE PLANET in 4 Easy Steps
- 10 Unusual Things I Didn’t Know About Steve Jobs
- 8 Alternatives to College
- I’m Completely Humiliated by Yoga
- How I Screwed Yasser Arafat out of $ 2mm (and lost $ 100mm in the process)
Older Entries »
- 10 Things I Learned While Interviewing Tony Robbins About His New Book “Money”
- Ep. 62 – Tony Robbins: Money Is Just A Game
- Ep. 61 – Trip Adler: Overnight Success 7 Years in the Making
- Nothing Is Wrong With You
- Ep. 59 – Brian Koppelman Ruined My Life
- 21 or 22 Yet Even More Amazing Tips to Be a Better Writer
- Ep. 54 – Gabriel Weinberg: The Man Who is Fighting Google
- The Idea Matrix – What Changed Everyone’s Life After “Choose Yourself”
- Life is Like a Game. Here’s How You Master ANY Game
- Step By Step Guide to Make $10 Million And Then Totally Blow It
- Can You Do One Page a Day?
- The Secrets of Personal Finance
- 10 Things You Need to Know To Become a Great Leader
- OK. One Quote from Robin Williams
- The Worst Interview EVER. What I Learned From It.
- What’s It Like to Lose $100,000,000 at Facebook