What are 2 industries/trends core to your startup investment thesis?
Andrew Sider @andrewsider: what are 2 industries/trends core to your startup investment thesis?
I look for three things:
- trends in social media. Social media marketing is going to replace almost all other forms of marketing. Or at least force the rest to innovate.
- anything relating to baby boomers: cancer diagnostics, hospices, alzheimers treatments, etc
- The US is the next Saudi Arabia. We have all the oil we need along the Mississippi via fracking.
I then look for:
- a CEO who has built and sold before
- good co-investors who have done due diligence before me
- cheap valuations
- revenues/profits in sight
- a predictable exit.
Then I invest. But only a small amount. There are plenty of opportunities. Enough to spread around.
Top Rated Posts
- 7 Things Happen to You When You Are Completely Honest
- How to Deal With Crappy People
- Why and How I Self-Published a Book
- 10 More Reasons You Need to Quit Your Job Right Now!
- The 100 Rules for Being an Entrepreneur
- 33 Unusual Tips to Being a Better Writer
- How to be THE LUCKIEST GUY ON THE PLANET in 4 Easy Steps
- 10 Unusual Things I Didn’t Know About Steve Jobs
- 8 Alternatives to College
- I’m Completely Humiliated by Yoga
- How I Screwed Yasser Arafat out of $ 2mm (and lost $ 100mm in the process)
- How to Win Friends and Influence People
- HOW TO QUIT YOUR JOB
- The Benefits of Self-Publishing
- YOU EVER GO TOTALLY CRAZY?
- Destroy Your Masters!
- FEARLESS BLOGGING
- How To Be a Superhero
- Two Stories About Google We Can All Learn From
- How to be Rich – THE PUSH
- Why Do People Hate Their Jobs?
- Why Hard-Core Pornography is Bad for your Health, and other facts about Testosterone
- Is College A Scam?
- Mistakes Were Made
- Today I Lost Two Million Dollars
- The Only Good Idea is an Unoriginal Idea
Click for Amazon Pre-Order Page